Friday, April 29, 2011

The lure of the Royal Wedding

I've been trying for weeks to explain to my husband why I was so excited for this day, and he just doesn't get it. Maybe he never will, because he wasn't a little girl who grew up watching fairy tales and dreaming about princes and princesses. To me, the lure of today's historical wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton, was partially because of the fact that Kate was a commoner. It takes me back to the days of playing make believe with my sisters and dreaming of one day becoming a princess. Today, it actually happened for one beautiful women who probably played the very same games with her sister as a child.
 
And more than that, I was thrilled to see a royal wedding where the bride and groom are completely in love. They aren't marrying because of tradition or politics, they are marrying for love. And seeing this wedding today is a beautiful expression of the modern royal family who can marry whomever they choose regardless of title.
Today is what fairy tales are made of!

Photos courtesy of People.com

No comments: