Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ceremony Venue Envy...

Over a year ago, Bored Panda posted the top 50 most extraordinary churches in the world. They include everything from traditional cathedrals to underground chapels and even one church in a shell station in California! Just to give you a little venue envy, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites...

#1. Church of Halgramur in Reykjavak, Iceland

#4. Chapel of St. Gildas in Brittany, France
I want to marry my husband all over again in this chapel right out of a fairytale!

#15 Paraportiani Church in Mykonos, Greece

#33. Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira in Cundinamarca, Columbia
Built in underground Salt Caves, this makes for a unique and beautiful venue!

#8. Jubilee Church in Rome, Italy
A great modern alternative to the gorgeous traditional cathedrals of Italy

And my favorite...
#24. San Francisco de Asis Church in Taos, New Mexico
I love the unique structure and the organic, natural quality of this beautiful church. I also think I'm partial to it because in college, as an arty history major I studied the painting of this church by Georgia O'Keeffe....

Do you have venue envy yet? If anyone wants to have a destination wedding at any of these amazing churches, I travel :) 
You should all check out the full list on Bored Panda for much more awe-worthy architecture! 

One of my favorite brides sent me this link months ago! She was married last fall at #49 on this list, the Thorncrown Chapel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Thanks Alli!

No comments: