Thursday, December 2, 2010

Alice and Wonderland Inspiration: Sarah & Danny's October Wedding

Sarah had always wanted to get married at Disney World. When that wasn't possible, she didn't want to give up on her whimsical wedding dream and came up with the idea to do an Alice in Wonderland theme, which I'm absolutely crazy over! We're going in a more modern direction using her cobalt blue and charcoal gray color scheme. I've just finished her oh so fun inspiration board to kick of her wedding design. And here it is....
{click photo to enlarge and see all the fun details}

I'm imagining so many amazing details including gorgeous colorful linens with dramatic lighting, clock parts hanging in the flower arrangements, skeleton key place cards, and a fabulously whimsical wedding cake! This is going to be fun.


For a little more traditional take on this theme, the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, check out a few photos from my 4 year old niece's birthday party last Sunday...
Lydia Belle AKA Alice:
We decorated the table with colorful quilts and table cloths and covered it with vintage tea pots and cups, vintage tea tins, clocks, vintage milk glass, candles, tissue poms, and Styrofoam mannequin heads (which we spray painted pink) wearing with vintage hats and jewelry we made from clock parts and old keys. The kids took home these necklaces as their favors (for the boys we put clock gears on black leather strings):Instead of cake, there were delicious petit fours with "eat me" tags for each guest. We purchased adorable "eat me" toothpicks and "drink me" tags from Vintage Twee's Etsy Shop.

Each child wore their favorite Hat for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party...
Annaston was too cool to choose anything but a fedora :)
FYI: If throwing this party for children, make sure you have extra hats laying around for anyone who forgets theirs.

Last, everyone enjoyed our DIY photo booth...
Yes that's me (middle right). My neices informed me that I had to dress up as "bloody big head" (the Red Queen in Tim Burton's version of the story) because I had a big head. So I went all out with the tiny crown and heart shaped lips.

The Mad Hatter's Tea Party is perfect for a bridal shower! And I absolutely cannot wait to run with Sarah's more modern take on the Alice in Wonderland theme for her wedding. It's going to be incredible!!!

No comments: