Thursday, June 13, 2013

Emmarie & Matt: The Hedge Wall

Hey guys!

I've been waiting to share these images for a long time. When Emmarie and I first sat down to discuss their wedding design she knew she wanted a garden style wedding. As we brainstormed, I began to envision a lovely English Garden brought inside with lace table cloths and beautiful hedges. When I suggested a hedge wall as a backdrop for their wedding cake, Emmarie and her parents loved the idea! Here's the gorgeous finished product....
 
What do you think? I'm crazy about the results!

3 comments:

danisa flowers said...

This has got to be one of the best wedding cake backdrops I have ever seen. I've always wanted a garden wedding and seeing this has given me idea. I want a lovely English Garden wedding too, complete with lace table cloths and beautiful hedges just like yours. I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea, it's just that it really is beautiful.

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Are those real hedges? If not, would you mind sharing how you made this?

Jessica {Finishing Touch} said...

Everythings Coming up Rosie - Absolutely! This was a faux hedge wall that we created to specially fit this space between two columns. The structure was made of 2x4s and plywood. And we purchased faux boxwood mats that we attached to the boxwood using a staple gun. The shelves were added later. Very simple for such a huge impact! Best of luck.