Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our first book club party!

My friend, Anna, and I started a book club last month and our first meeting was tonight. Of course, we took the opportunity to go all out! And it was fantastic.
We used antique & beautifully bound books throughout the food table as decor. I also threw in a few gorgeous masquerade masks as a nod to Halloween and the mystery chosen for this month, The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard.
Here are a few photos I snapped at the end of the night:
The food table...it was SO much better in person!

top, left: Anna's homemade pumpkin ginger bread. DELICIOUS!
top, center: bread sticks, apple slices, and crackers
top, right: fresh brie
bottom, left: my favorite masquerade mask & a small arrangement of red mums.
bottom, center: water with sliced lemon
bottom, right: miniature caramel apples

Instead of the miniature cupcake papers, I chose metallic doilies & they were adorable! This was my first attempt, so they're not quite as perfect as they will be next time. And yes, there will be a next time! Probably for Thanksgiving.

Thanks to all of the girls who came tonight! We had a great time and cannot wait for next month!

No comments: