Monday, March 7, 2011

Flower Fave: Anemone

Last year, I was obsessed with Ranunculus. This year, I can't get enough of delicate Anemone blooms! The thing I love about them so much is that they come in a wide variety of amazing colors, and that they can be used with any style, from ultra modern to a rustic garden wedding. See for yourselves...

My favorite anemone bouquet EVER, from my very own wedding photographers, Paul Johnson Photography:

An obvious fit for these blooms is in a modern wedding, especially the bold white flower with black centers:
The Hostess with the Mostess
My Wedding Concierge

100 Layer Cake
These versatile blooms also work beautifully in a classic wedding design:
bouquet bridal
And even in a more rustic garden style arrangement {FYI this is my favorite arrangement in this post!}:
Wedding by Color
Wedding Window
Anemones are available in bold reds, purples, and blues...

And in softer shades of white and blush...

I predict that these bold, gorgeous blooms are going to be huge this year! And why shouldn't they be? They're absolutely stunning and add a punch to any floral arrangement!