Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Favorite: Peonies

There is no denying the appeal of the beautiful, delicate Peony. It is a gorgeous flower that is perfect for weddings because there are so many different varieties. I'll be using them in the bridal bouquet for a wedding this weekend. Photos to come soon.

It's hard to believe these are all the same flower.

A bouquet of all Peonies.

Peonies mixed with Sweet Peas

Named after the Greek God of healing & medicine, it is also a beautiful gift to someone recovering from an injury or illness.

3 comments:

Floral Still Life said...

We have some pale pink peonies, too. They have so much of an "antique" look about them.

Today, I posted a still life image of some peonies I took a few years ago. (I'll be posting the "antique" looking ones at a later date.)

But anyway, go to http://photographyhints.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one!

Jessica {Finishing Touch} said...

I love the last one too! It's delicate & feminine. The bouquet we made for yesterday's wedding is very similar.